Frequently Asked Questions
At motorsport events:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals (exception for certified service animals)
- Aerosol cans (including spray sunscreen)
- Non-clear bags or parcels (All permitted bags must be clear and smaller than 14X14X14 inches)
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, Segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of transportation
- Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
- Food and Beverage
- Note: sealed, individual, plastic bottles of water are allowed, one per person. Complimentary water refill stations are located throughout the Circuit.
- Exceptions may be made for guests with dietary restrictions.
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Glass or metal containers of any style
- Illegal substances
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, Frisbees, balloons, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Selfie Sticks
- Tents or canopies
- Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording will be allowed
- Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs, nightsticks or other items
At concerts in Germania Insurance Amphitheater:
Prohibited items for Germania Insurance Amphitheater are below:
- Weapons of any kind including but not limited to guns, knives, explosives, brass knuckles, Tasers, mace, or pepper spray
- Note: while it is legal, with a permit, to open carry or carry a concealed handgun in Texas, we do not allow guns in our facility.
- Animals; except for certified service animals as dictated by the U.S. Department of Justice guidelines
- Outside food or beverages (reusable, collapsible water bottles and cups are allowed if 20oz or smaller and empty upon entering the venue; excludes camelback-style hydration packs/water reservoirs)
- Illegal and illicit substances or drug paraphernalia
- E-liquid or Vape Juice
- Prescription Medications not in a pharmacy-labeled container which states the prescription, dosage, and patient name. All prescription medications will be reviewed by medical staff at the entrance.
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, bug spray, sunscreen, spray paint, etc.)
- Audio and video recording equipment, including iPads, GoPros and drones
- Camelback-style hydration packs/water reservoirs
- Cameras with detachable lens - cameras must be able to fit in front shirt pocket (Note: Camera policies are dictated by the artist and are subject to change on a show-by-show basis)
- Selfie sticks or tripods
- Laptops and tablets
- Bags or purses larger than 12" x 12” x 6" that aren't clear (review bag policy)
- Small Bags or purses that are not clear can not be larger than 4.5" x 6.5" x 2" (review bag policy)
- Camera bags
- Blanket Bags
- Patterned or colored plastic zip-lock bags
- Large Blankets measuring more than 60” x 30”
- Large Umbrellas
- Only small personal umbrellas are allowed and may not exceed 41” diameter when open
- No large, golf, or cane umbrellas
- No sharp points
- Umbrellas may not be opened on the floor, in your seat, or on the H-E-B Lawn
- Tents, sun shades, or tarps
- Chairs with legs higher than 6"
- Inflatables (furniture, balloons, balls, etc.)
- Glass or metal containers of any kind
- Face masks
- Chain Wallets
- Fireworks, smoke bombs, and other explosives
- Ice chests, coolers, and thermoses
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, frisbees, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, noisemakers, etc.)
- Confetti, glitter, silly-string, balloons, glow sticks or other projectiles
- Stickers, paint pens, or markers
- Signs on posts
- Flags and banners
- Strollers are allowed in the Grand Plaza and concessions areas but they are not allowed on the floor, in reserved seating, or on the H-E-B Lawn
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, Segways, golf carts, or other unauthorized means of transportation
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
Additional items may be permitted or prohibited on a show-by-show basis at the discretion of the tour and artist. Please visit germaniaAMP.com for detailed information regarding your particular show.
EVENT EXPERIENCE & SAFETY INFORMATION
Circuit of The Americas maintains accessible seating in various sections and at various prices, as well as accessible shuttles, restrooms and parking. For complete information regarding ADA accessibility, please visit the ADA Accessibility Page.
Animals, except for documented service animals assisting guests with disabilities, are not permitted.
There are multiple ATMs located around COTA.
• Grand Plaza: 1 outside the Box Office, 1 by the Turn 18/Turn 19 hillside and at least 1 located by the Turn 15 Grandstand.
• Paddock: 1 inside the Media Center near the café.
Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended both for safety and general event enjoyment.
Baby Changing Tables
Baby changing tables are available in our community restrooms located within the Main Grandstand and Grand Plaza.
Bags - Size & Security
For motorsport events, all bags must be clear and not exceed 14x14x14 inches. Bags are subject to screening by security personnel. Guests entering the venue should prepare accordingly to ease entry.
Cameras & Camera Equipment
At races: Cameras with detachable lenses and point-and-shoot cameras will be allowed. Any stabilizing equipment, including but not limited to, bipods and tripods will not be allowed.
At concerts: Camera policy is determined on a by-show basis. Please keep an eye on Germania Insurance Amphitheater's social media channels and website close to the show date for information regarding the show you're attending.
Firearms & Weapons
Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs and nightsticks are prohibited.
Seton Ascension First Aid locations will be available within our venue during all events. Permanent First Aid stations are located in the Grand Plaza and in the Paddock at the Medical Center. Please reference a particular event's map for additional first aid locations, or visit a Guest Services Tent while at the venue for further information.
Gates Open & Close Times
Gate times will vary depending upon the event. Please reference the event page on our website, or the COTA App, for up-to-date information.
Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without refund of any portion of the ticket price, to refuse admission to or eject any person(s) whose conduct is deemed inappropriate or detrimental to the enjoyment or safety of others.
Guest Services locations will exist throughout the venue for all motorsport and concert events. Please reference a particular event's map for Guest Services locations. If you have any inquiries prior to the event, please contact us at 512.301.6600 during our regular business hours, M-F from 8:30AM - 5:30PM.
Please visit our hotel booking page to take advantage of our complimentary service to book a hotel during our events at a special rate.
Lost & Found
If an item is lost during an event, please contact the nearest COTA Staff member for assistance. On non-event days, please call 512.655.6220 for lost item information.
If you find a lost item, please turn it in to any of our Guest Services locations throughout the venue.
Items recovered will be held for 30 days, with unclaimed items donated to charity.
If you believe your child to be lost during an event, contact the nearest staff member who can direct you to a Guest Services location. All lost children will be taken to a Guest Services location for safety.
For safety reasons, Circuit of The Americas is unable to make venue-wide announcements for lost children or guests.
If you require assistance at any point while at our venue, please notify the nearest staff member. If you do not see any staff nearby, send us a text to 69050 with "COTA" followed by your request or question. If it's a location-based inquiry, please include your location.
Unless otherwise specified by event management, Circuit of The Americas welcomes small signs, banners and posters at races. Please review the following guidelines related to those items:
- Item must be related to event
- Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
- Item may not be larger than 11" x 17" when open
- Item may not obstruct any sponsor/advertiser signage
- Item may not be hung, attached or displayed on any part of the venue
- Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by COTA management
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests, or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by COTA management
- Guests may not distribute pamphlets, advertisements, brochures or other promotional materials while inside the venue without prior approval from COTA management
For concerts at Germania Insurance Amphitheater, please be aware signage larger than a standard 8 1/2" x 11" paper is typically prohibited. Please keep an eye on Germania Insurance Amphitheater's social media channels close to the show date for information regarding the show you're attending.
Re-entry is permitted during motorsport events. We ask that guests who leave the venue and plan on coming back scan their tickets at the gates prior to exiting. Guests will be subject to another screening by security personnel upon re-entering.
Re-entry at Germania Insurance Amphitheater concerts (separate from races) is not permitted.
Restrooms are located around the Circuit grounds. Permanent restrooms are located in the Grand Plaza, Germania Insurance Amphitheater bowl, Main Grandstand and at Turn 1. Look for signage to direct you to the nearest restroom.
All bags, purses, backpacks and persons are subject to screening by security personnel. Fans entering the venue should prepare accordingly. Ticketholders should be aware that there are no provisions for returning banned items to them when such items are left at the venue entrances. Patrons are encouraged to leave all banned items at home or in their vehicles before entering the venue. Individuals who deliberately attempt to bring banned items through security checkpoints are subject to removal from the facility.
The re-sale of COTA admission tickets is strictly prohibited on the property, which includes the facility's grounds and surrounding areas.
All security measures are subject to change without notice.
All concerts and motorsports events are rain or shine. In the case of severe weather, please check COTA's social media or the artist/series' social media for any updates. If a weather emergency occurs during an event, COTA will notify all guests and direct guests to take steps to minimize risks. Your safety is our priority.
Smoking and vaping will only be allowed in authorized areas that are 15 feet from an entrance or openable window of an enclosed area. No smoking is allowed within the stands or the Germania Insurance Amphitheater's bowl.
Small, hand-held umbrellas are allowed within our venue for concerts. Please leave large, golf-size umbrellas at home. They create an obstructed view for guests seated behind them.
Video cameras or any type of professional recording devices will not be permitted inside the gates at COTA during major entertainment events.
TICKET & BOX OFFICE INFO
Ticketing age requirements differ per event.
Germania Insurance Amphitheater Concerts - Children over 2 years old require a ticket. If a child is 2 or under, they are able to enter for free with a ticketed adult and can sit on the adult's lap.
Formula 1 - Children aged 2 and under are given a free general admission ticket when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Children 3 years of age and older will require a ticket regardless of general admission or reserved seating.
**If a child requires a specific seat, the guardian must purchase a ticket.
Lost or Damaged Tickets
If possible, please notify the Box Office that your ticket(s) were damaged, lost, stolen or misplaced prior to your arrival. Damaged tickets must be exchanged before new tickets will be reprinted. Please visit the Grand Plaza or Main Grandstand Box Offices with your photo ID and confirmation number to retrieve your reprinted tickets. Please also note that tickets can only be printed for the original ticket purchaser, no exceptions. Please get your tickets reprinted in advance to minimize any wait for yourself or other guests on event day.
For more information, please visit the Troops on Track section within the event you wish to attend on the COTA website.
COTA accepts American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, VISA® and cash.
Season Ticket Opportunities
If you are interested in becoming a Personal Seat License holder at motorsport events, or a concert season ticket holder, please contact our Sales Department at 512.655.6300 for more information.
VIP & Hospitality Packages
If you are interested in purchasing a VIP and/or Hospitality Package for any of our motorsport or entertainment events, please contact our Sales Department at 512.655.6300 for more information.
Will call will be open at the Box Office one hour prior to the race event start time. Will call tickets can be retrieved from either the Grand Plaza Box Office or the Main Grandstand Box Office.
Will call on concert nights at Germania Insurance Amphitheater will open one hour prior to gates opening. Only the Grand Plaza Box Office will be open on concert nights.
TRANSPORTATION, PARKING & OVERNIGHT OPTIONS
COTA provides complimentary jump-start assistance service to guests who are experiencing automobile trouble before, during and up to one hour after any event. Please contact our Security Department at 512.655.6220 for assistance.
Please visit our RV Camping page within the event you wish to attend on the COTA website for more information and pricing. Typical overnight lodging allows for arrival on the day before the event starts and departure the day after the event concludes.
Germania Insurance Amphitheater - Overnight camping is also permitted during concerts with a purchased overnight pass. Please visit the "Premium Parking" link on the concert event page to purchase an overnight option.
Directions to COTA
Please visit the Maps page for written directions.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
At most events, including motorsports and concerts, the designated drop-off and pick-up location is located across the street from Lot B within the Taxi Drop-Off area, marked with a banner. Drivers attempting to drop-off or pick-up in any other areas will be redirected to that location.
Golf Cart Info
Only Premium RV clients will have the opportunity to access golf cart rentals. Please visit our website for information regarding golf cart procedures and policies.
On-Site Shuttle Service
COTA shuttle services are available for guests within the property during select events, including concerts and motorsport events. These shuttles will run from various parking lots to entrance points. If you need specific assistance, please contact our Guest Services Department at 512.655.6600.
Parking - Standard, Premium, ADA
Motorsports Events - On-site parking exists in Lots A through T, and various lots will be utilized for each event. Parking can be pre-purchased on the event page, and sometimes purchased with cash on the day of the event in designated lots. Please visit the page for the event you wish to attend for parking information, including parking lot recommendations based on ticket/seat location.
Germania Insurance Amphitheater Concerts - Standard parking (typically in Lot A, E, F or H) is included with the purchase of a concert ticket. Parking locations are always subject to change.
Premium parking (Lot B, C and D) is available for purchase per show while supply lasts to park closer to the main entrance of the venue.
If you travel to a concert via a charter bus or shuttle, the service must purchase a charter parking pass to park on the property. This pass can be purchased online or at the box office on the day of the event. Charter vehicles without said pass will be asked to leave the property and return at the end of the event.
ADA Parking - ADA parking is available for purchase while supply lasts in Lot A, B, C, D and H. You must have a state issued sticker, placard or license plate to park in ADA parking spots.
Tailgating is allowed within our parking lots during events, however, you may not take up any additional parking spaces or block any driving areas.
The drop-off and pick-up area for taxis is located across the street from Lot B. Drivers attempting to drop-off or pick-up passengers in any other areas will be redirected to that location. Subject to change.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
Please be aware our vendors will ID for all alcoholic beverage purchases. If you plan to have a drink or two, please bring an acceptable form of Id with you. IDs accepted include: U.S. Driver's License, U.S. Territory's Driver License, U.S. State-Issued ID Card, Passport, Passport Card or U.S. Military ID.
Food & Beverage Options
A variety of food and beverage options are available throughout Circuit of The Americas. Paired with several of our proprietary concepts, we partner with national brands as well as several local food trucks to provide a diverse selection. Our options range from traditional core concession items, to pizza, BBQ, Tex-Mex, Turkish wraps, Thai, vegan/vegetarian options and many more concepts. Our offerings vary depending on the size and demand of our events, but one thing is certain: you will always be able to locate a refreshing Coke product, a satisfying snack or entrée and an ice cold beer or cocktail.
Our standard business hours (excluding holidays) are:
Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 5:30PM
We can be reached via phone during these hours at 512.301.6600, or by email at email@example.com.
Please visit our Giving Back page for all information regarding COTA donation requests.
Observation Deck Tours
Please visit our Tours page for more information regarding venue tours, including trips to the top of the tower.
Circuit of The Americas is the premier motorsport and entertainment destination in the United States. No matter the size of your organization, your brand can benefit from being part of the action at COTA and Germania Insurance Amphitheater through a partnership designed to fit your needs. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our Economic Impact page for further information regarding our sustainability efforts.
Volunteers help make our events possible, and are considered part of our extended COTA family. Please visit our Volunteer page for all information regarding motorsport and entertainment volunteering opportunities at COTA.