Revamped COTA Bike Nights Powered by Ascension Seton Returns March 9
Posted on February 25, 2021
AUSTIN, TX (February 25, 2021) - Circuit of The Americas is excited to announce the return of Bike Night. Starting on Tuesday, March 9 and continuing weekly throughout the spring and summer, cyclists will have the opportunity to clip in and navigate the Circuit of The Americas track at Bike Night powered by Ascension Seton.
The weekly Tuesday event starts at 5:30 p.m. and lets riders cruise COTA’s famed stars and stripes in a stress-free environment without the worry of city traffic while offering fantastic sunset views of the COTA’s signature Observation Deck and Austin skyline. After the ride concludes, cyclists can replenish and recharge with an ice-cold drink, refreshments, and great conversations and camaraderie with fellow riders.
"Ascension Seton is looking forward to another Bike Night season. We are proud of our COTA partnership and this collaboration to promote family, health and wellness” said Adam Bauman, Vice President Orthopedics, Sports & Rehabilitation. “Now more than ever, finding a healthy and sustainable outlet is so important for our mental and physical health. I can't think of a better way than riding a bike with friends and family in a safe environment to ride and still maintain social distancing."
COTA will be ramping up Bike Night this year and offering new activations including the below:
- Observation Deck Access — Take a pit stop during your ride and see The Circuit and Downtown Austin from 251 feet in the air! After you ascend to the top of the Observation Deck, you’ll have a moment to catch your breath as you look out over the track as the sun sets. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased online or on-site.
- Theme Nights — Each month, COTA will host a theme ride! Get out your costumes, purchase a limited-edition Bike Night themed shirt, enjoy an all-new curated playlist and other surprises that await.
- Healthy Food Options — In addition to Southside Flying Pizza, new grab-and-go healthy food items including wraps, chicken salad snack platters and vegetable/fruit cups will be available for sale.
- Tailgate Games — Corn hole, giant connect four, sponsor activations and other surprises await in our new post-ride celebration area. This makes it the perfect place to hang out and socialize with other riders after you conquer The Circuit.
The 20-ride Bike Night season will begin on Tuesday, March 9 and continue weekly until Tuesday, June 29. After a brief summer break, the weekly event will return on Tuesday, September 21 and run through Tuesday, October 12. There will not be a Bike Night on May 18 or May 25 due to the NASCAR at COTA race.
The following Bike Nights will be themed rides:
- March 16 — St. Patrick’s Day Theme
- April 20 — Earth Day Theme
- May 4 —Cinco De Mayo Theme
- June 15 — Summer Vacation Theme
- October 5 — Breast Cancer Awareness Night
- October 12 — Halloween Theme
COTA Karting will be open during each Bike Night. Bike Night participants will get $10 off the market price for each race and can purchase the discounted tickets here.
Those with a competitive streak can become a member of the Ascension Texas Sports Performance Cycling Club on Strava. Strava will record biker’s’ laps while cycling on the track. Each week, the top male and female from each 5-year age category will be given an Ascension Texas Sports Performance T-Shirt and will be entered into a monthly draw to win a full-physiological performance testing package.
In an effort to keep staff and participants safe, COTA is requiring everyone wear masks when not riding. COTA also asks that all participants practice a minimum of six feet of social distancing at all times. Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
Adult tickets are $10 online and $12 on-site. Children (11 and under) tickets are $5. Biking enthusiasts can save time and money by purchasing a season pass where they’ll be auto-registered for each Bike Night. Waiver will be required for everyone participating.
To learn more about Bike Night at COTA and to purchase tickets, guests can visit TheCircuit.com/Bike.