COTA Bike Nights powered by Ascension Seton Return March 15
Bike Night Offers Theme Nights, Observation Deck Access, Karting, and More
AUSTIN, TX (February 22, 2022) – Circuit of The Americas announced today the return of Bike Night, a weekly event for cycling enthusiasts and beginners alike. Starting on Tuesday, March 15 and continuing throughout the spring and fall, cyclists will have the opportunity to cruise on the newly-paved Circuit of The Americas track at Bike Night powered by Ascension Seton.
“We are thrilled to share our incredible track with the Austin community, celebrating health and togetherness again this year. Nothing beats watching the sun set over the Austin skyline while riding on COTA’s famous stars and stripes,” said Courtney Young, Chief Experience Officer at Circuit of The Americas.
The weekly Tuesday event starts at 6 p.m. and lets bikers of all ages and skill levels coast on COTA’s track avoiding city traffic. Riders can take on the 3.41-mile track and then travel up to COTA’s signature Observation Deck to soak up 360-views of Central Texas. After the event concludes, riders can enjoy an ice-cold refreshment along with a snack from one of the food trucks on site while connecting with other passionate cyclists.
“Ascension Seton is excited to continue to support COTA Bike Nights. The popularity of this event and the year over year continued growth and community engagement is in direct alignment with our focus on supporting activities that facilitate health, wellness and family engagement,” said Adam Bauman, Vice President of Orthopedics, Sports and Rehabilitation Services for Ascension Texas.
In addition, Ascension Seton will kick off their inaugural Tous a Velo charity bike ride in support of Dell Children’s Medical Center on Sunday, April 3rd. Due to the generosity of COTA and SCOTT Sports, 100% of rider fees for this ride will be donated to the charity! Learn more about the ride and register at www.tousaveloride.com.
COTA’s Bike Night will be offering the following activations:
- Observation Deck Access — Take a break stop during your ride and witness The Circuit and Downtown Austin from 251 feet in the air on the Observation Deck! Tickets are an additional $10 and can be purchased online or on-site.
- Theme Nights — Ride in style with our memorable theme nights! Dust off and enjoy everything the night has to offer. The all-new 2022 season shirt as well as limited-edition themed shirts will be available on 512 Night, Wild Wild West Night, Out of this World Night, and Disco Night for $20. Proceeds from the t-shirt sales will benefit Dell Children’s Medical Center.
The Bike Night season will begin on Tuesday, March 15 and continue on select Tuesday nights until Tuesday, June 28. After a brief summer break, the weekly event will return on Tuesday, September 6 and run through September 27.
The following Bike Nights will be themed rides:
- 3/15 – St. Patrick’s Day Theme Night
- 3/29 – 512 Night
- 4/3 – Tous a Velo charity ride in support of Dell Children’s Medical Center – Special Event!
- 4/5 – Disney Night
- 4/12 – Neon Night
- 4/19 – Harry Potter Night
- 4/26 – Super Mario World Night
- 5/3 – Community Night
- 5/10 – Wild Wild West Night
- 5/17 – Superhero Night
- 5/24 – 90’s Night
- 5/31 – USA Theme Night
- 6/7 – Jurassic Track Night
- 6/14 – Out of this World Night
- 6/21 – Summer Luau Night
- 6/28 – Grease Lightning Night
- 9/6 – Favorite Sports Team Night
- 9/13 – Oh the Places You’ll Go Night
- 9/20 – Rock of Ages Night
- 9/27– Disco Night
Those with a competitive streak can become a member of the Ascension Texas Sports Performance Cycling Club on Strava. Strava will record biker’s’ laps while cycling on the track and club members will have a chance to win awesome prizes for best lap times, improvements in fitness across the season, most miles completed at COTA, best themed outfit and more. The club is free to join and cyclists of all abilities are encouraged to sign up.
Adult tickets are $10 online and $12 on-site. Children (11 and under) tickets are $5. Biking enthusiasts can save time and money by purchasing a season pass where they’ll be auto-registered for a minimum of 15 Bike Night rides for $120. Waiver will be required for everyone participating. Parking will be offered in the Paddock and Lot A.
To learn more about Bike Night at COTA and to purchase tickets, guests can visit TheCircuit.com/Bike.