Toro Rosso’s Top 5 Highlights of the 2014 Formula 1 Season
Scuderia Toro Rosso has quietly racked up 30 points this season and enters the final race in seventh place in the championship. Although there have been some low points for the Red Bull junior team, 2014 also had several highlights.
5. Max Verstappen participates in FP1 in Japan, USA and Brazil. The 17-year-old Dutch driver will join the team as a full-time driver next season.
4. At 19-years-old, Daniil Kvyat becomes youngest-ever driver to score points in Formula One with a ninth-place finish at the Australian Grand Prix.
3. Jean-Eric Vergne scores an eighth-place finish in Australia. Combined with Kvyat’s eighth-place finish gives the team its best overall result of the season.
2. Two weeks later, Kvyat finishes 10th in Malaysia to score points in his second-consecutive grand prix.
1. Vergne notches Toro Rosso’s best result of the season with a sixth-place finish at the Singapore Grand Prix.