Marussia’s Top 5 Highlights of the 2014 Formula One Season
No other team in Formula One celebrated such highs and suffered such lows as Marussia this season. In its fifth year of existence, the team scored its first-ever points — a ninth-place finish at Monaco, the crown jewel of Formula One.
But it was also dealt a severe blow when driver Jules Bianchi suffered a severe brain injury in a crash in the rain-soaked Japanese Grand Prix. The team’s future was then thrown into doubt because of financial issues.
Whether the team lines up on the grid in 2015 remains to be seen, but at least it had some highlights in 2014.
5. Drivers Jules Bianchi and Max Chilton return to Marussia for 2014.
4. Team switches from Cosworth to Ferrari power for 2014.
3. American Alexander Rossi announced as reserve driver.
2. After Jules Bianchi is unable to drive for the team after being injured in the Japanese Grand Prix, the team honors him at the next race by preparing his car and garage setup.
1. Jules Bianchi scores the teams’ first points with a ninth-place finish on the streets of Monaco.