Helpful Hints To Help You Prepare For X Games Austin At Cota
The inaugural X Games Austin kicks off this week at Circuit of The Americas™ (COTA), and event organizers are providing these helpful hints for fans heading to the circuit to take in the world’s best action sports athletes along with the awesome X Music line-up and nine, unique festival villages.
Fans will be treated to non-stop action, from morning to midnight!
X GAMES AUSTIN HOURS OF OPERATION:
|DATE||GATES OPEN||GATES CLOSE|
|Friday, June 6||11 a.m. CT||End of last concert|
|Saturday, June 7||10 a.m. CT||End of last concert|
|Sunday, June 8||10 a.m. CT||End of last concert|
X Games Austin officially kicks of Thursday, June 5, starting at 5 p.m. CT with the Skateboard and BMX Vert competitions taking place in front of the Texas State Capitol Building in downtown Austin at the intersection of 10th Street and Congress Ave. The X Games Austin Vert competition is free and open to the public. Viewing areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
X GAMES MUSIC:
X Games Music performers include Kanye West, Pretty Lights, The Flaming Lips, Mac Miller, Slightly Stoopid, Gary Clark Jr., Bad Religion, Dillon Francis, Mayer Hawthorne, FMLY BND, and Wavves performing LIVE as part of the fully interactive music festival experience in the award-winning Austin360 Amphitheater. You will also find EDM artists like Cash Cash, Candyland and others spinning in the Velocity EDM Lounge, as well as musical performances at the KUTX Austin Music Stage and a Battle of the Bands contest on the Sound Factory stage.
General admission seating in the lawn area of the Austin360 Amphitheater is available on a first-come, first-served basis. General admission to X Games Austin concerts is included in the price of admission.
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER AND KEEP AN EYE ON THE SKIES
Temperatures in Central Texas can climb into the 90s and 100s during the month of June, and X Games attendees are encouraged to dress for the weather. Wear light-colored clothing and dress in layers you can shed as temperatures climb in the heat of the day. Consider wearing a hat to block the sun and be sure to wear comfortable shoes as X Games Austin competition areas and festival villages are spread out all over COTA’s 350-acre campus. Stay well hydrated and remember to apply sunscreen before heading outdoors. COTA will offer water bottle refilling stations in the Grand Plaza area. Should severe weather threaten the area, pay attention to X Games Austin video boards and public address announcements so you know when and where to seek shelter.
The following items will be permitted inside the gates at X Games Austin:
- Baby strollers
- Personal camera equipment (digital cameras, point-and-click digital cameras or film cameras)
The following items will not be permitted inside the gates at X Games Austin, including blankets and lawn chairs:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals (exception for certified service animals)
- Bags or parcels larger than 12” x 12” x 20”
- Golf carts and motorized scooters
- Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
- Food and beverage (sealed, individual, plastic bottles of water are allowed, one per person)
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Glass or metal containers of any style
- Aerosol cans
- Illegal substances
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, frisbees, balloons projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
- Large umbrellas (small umbrellas will be allowed, but not in the competition viewing areas or amphitheater)
- Tents or canopies
- Lenses greater than three and one half inches in length, telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind, interchangeable lenses of any kind, monopods or tripods or flash equipment of any kind (unless equipment is in use by accredited media members). All wireless equipment must be cleared by ESPN. Commercial photography or videography is strictly prohibited.
- Camera tripods
- Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods
- Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs
- Bikes, skateboards, inline skates, and non-motorized scooters (Skateboards and bikes may be checked out for use in the Next X Parks area near Turn 20.)
- Lawn chairs
In addition to items listed above, other items that may be deemed to present a potential hindrance or threat may also be prohibited.
STAY UP TO DATE
For the most up-to-date event information, including X Games Austin daily schedules, visit http://www.xgamesaustin.com or download the X Games Austin app, which is available for both iPhones and Android mobile devices. You can download the X Games Austin Festival Villages map here.
Tickets for X Games Austin are still available and start at $89 for a three-day pass. On-site parking and camping is also available for an additional fee. To purchase tickets and get the latest news and event information, visit www.xgamesaustin.com. Tickets can also be purchased each day of the event at COTA’s Grand Plaza Ticket Office, which will also serve as the ticket Will Call location for X Games Austin.
About Circuit of The Americas
Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas, is the home of world championships and a world-class destination for premium sports and entertainment. COTA has been nominated as the 2014 “Sports Facility of the Year” by SportsBusiness Journal/Daily. The same publication named COTA’s annual marquee event, the FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX, “Sports Event of the Year” for 2013. Additionally, COTA is the new North American home for the summer edition of ESPN’s X Games. More than one million visitors come to COTA each year for events such as MotoGP™, the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, the FIA World Endurance Championships, business and social functions, and more than 20 performances at the venue’s acclaimed Austin360 Amphitheater, winner of Pollstar’s “Best New Major Concert Venue” award for 2013. COTA’s 1,500-acre campus includes a variety of permanent structures, including a 44,000-square foot Event Center, an impressive Main Grandstand with hospitality suites and the Velocity Lounge, a 270,000-square foot Paddock Building with 34 garages, and an iconic 25-story Observation Tower at the heart of the facility. For more information and downloadable video and photos, visit: www.CircuitofTheAmericas.com, www.Austin360Amphitheater.com or COTA’s dedicated FTP site, media.circuitoftheamericas.com. Follow COTA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CircuitofTheAmericas and Twitter @circuitamericas and @COTAmedia.
Ali Putnam, Circuit of The Americas, 512-655-6258; [email protected]
Joyce Wang, ESPN Communications, 408-504-6739; [email protected]