Mercedes’ Top 5 Highlights of the 2014 Formula 1 Season
The 2014 season will be forever linked to the dominance of the Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team.
The Silver Arrows were simply magnificent this year, winning all but three races and finishing first and second an impressive 11 times.
In a season full of highlights, it was difficult to nail down just five.
5. Nico Rosberg marries long-time girlfriend Vivian Sibold in July.
4. Lewis Hamilton gets his 32nd victory at the U.S. Grand Prix, surpassing Nigel Mansell for the most wins by a British driver.
3. The Silver Arrows wins 16 of 19 races in 2014, an 84 percent success rate.
2. Mercedes clinches its first-ever constructors’ title with a one-two finish at the Russian Grand Prix.
1. Hamilton wins his second world drivers’ championship Sunday at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.