Ferrari’s Top 5 Highlights of the 2014 Formula 1 Season
For a team that accepts nothing less than a championship, this season has been disappointing for Ferrari. The team currently sits in fourth place in the points, more than 40 points behind its nearest competitor Williams.
But despite that, there have been a few moments this season that have pleased the tifosi.
5. Finnish driver Kimi Räikkönen returns to Ferrari for 2014. Räikkönen, also known as the Ice Man, returned to the team where he won his only world championship in 2007.
4. Ferrari confirms that Sebastian Vettel will join the team alongside Räikkönen starting in 2015. The German, who won four consecutive world drivers’ championships with Red Bull Racing, will replace Fernando Alonso, who had been with the Prancing Horse since 2010.
3. Both Räikkönen and Alonso finish in the top 10 at 11 of the season’s 18 races.
2. After three top-10 finishes, Alonso finishes on the podium at the Chinese Grand Prix.
1. Alonso gets the team’s best result of the season, a second place at the Hungarian Grand Prix. Räikkönen also finishes sixth, giving the team it’s best overall result with 26 points.