McLaren’s Top 5 Highlights of the 2014 Formula 1 Season
McLaren will go into the season-finale at Abu Dhabi sitting fifth in the points standings, a disappointing result for a team that has won multiple world championships in its storied history.
But the team has had several highlights this season, both on and off the track.
5. Eric Boullier joins McLaren as team principal for 2014. Boullier had been at the Lotus F1 Team for four seasons from 2010 to 2013.
4. Rookie Kevin Magnussen joins the team at the beginning of the year. Magnussen is the son of four-time 24 Hours of Le Mans class winner and former Formula One driver Jan Magnussen.
3. Jenson Button qualifies third and Magnussen qualifies fifth at the British Grand Prix, the team’s best overall qualifying result of the season.
2. Magnussen and Button finish second and third at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
1. McLaren announces it will use Honda power units next season, renewing an iconic and very successful partnership for the first time in 20 years.