Sauber’s Top 5 Highlights of the 2014 Formula One Season
It’s been a disappointing season for the Swiss-based Sauber team, which has scored no points going into the season-finale in Abu Dhabi.
Although the team has had quite a few low points this season, including several double DNFs, there have been a few highlights.
5. Adrian Sutil joins Sauber for the 2014 season. Sutil, 31, raced in European and Japanese junior series before being called up to Formula One in 2007 with the Spyker team, which became Force India.
4. Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr announced as 2015 drivers. It’s tough when one of the year’s highlights is looking ahead to next year, but such is the case at Sauber. Two new faces, including Formula BMW Europe and British Formula Three champion Nasr (pictured), could be just what the team need to improve.
3. Adrian Sutil qualifies 10th at the U.S Grand Prix, the best qualifying result for him and the team this year. Unfortunately a crash on the first lap cut his race short.
2. Sutil finishes 11th in Hungary, matching his best finish of the season.
1. Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez finish 11th and 12th in Australia. Although both drivers were out of the points and a lap down, the season-opening result was the team’s best overall finish of 2014.