Come and race it at the premier karting destination in Texas!
COTA Karting is the country's premier karting destination for all skill levels. Kick fun into overdrive by challenging fellow competitors to a white-knuckle race next to the ONLY Formula 1 track in the United States! With 15 hair-raising turns, you'll feel a rush of adrenaline as you experience the thrill of racing at speeds up to 55 MPH.
Hours of Operation
Monday - 5pm-10pm
Tuesday - 5pm-10pm
Wednesday - 5pm-10pm
Thursday - 5pm-10pm
Friday - 5pm-10pm
Saturday - 11am-10pm
Sunday - 11am-9pm
Get ready to race! As a reminder, closed-toe shoes are required for all racers and riders.
FORMS & WAIVERS
- Please arrive thirty minutes prior to your karting session
- No refunds are issued for missed sessions
- Close toe shoes are required for all racers and riders
- Helmets and head socks are required and provided by COTA Karting
- Consumption of alcohol before driving is strictly prohibited
- Poor behavior or foul language will result in loss of karting privileges
- Fun Race driver minimum requirement: 14 years old, minimum height of 58 inches
- Competitive Race driver minimum requirement: 16 years old, driver's license, minimum height of 58 inches
- Junior Kart driver requirement: 12 years old, minimum height of 48 inches
- Double Kart Passenger requirement: minimum height of 48 inches
FORMS & WAIVERS
All participants MUST sign the waiver below. Waivers will be available at the COTA Karting track, however you can save time by printing it and signing it prior to your track session.
All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a signed parental consent form. If their parents are not in attendance, the form must be notarized.
Can I race without any previous karting experience?
Absolutely! COTA Karting caters to all experience levels from novice to expert. We offer different classes of karts to our guests to facilitate the best experience at every level (see kart classes listed below).
What are the race classes?
We currently offer two types of races: Competitive and Fun Races. The karts are the same and they go the same speed in each of these classes. The main difference is that drivers must be 16 years and older with a valid driver’s license to race in our Competitive heats, while our Fun Races are for driver’s 14 years and older, no license required.
Do you have double karts or junior karts?
We do! Both specialty karts are available on a first come, first serve basis in our Fun Races only. You simply book into the Fun Race and then request these karts upon check-in. At this time, drivers for our junior karts must be at least 12 years of age and a minimum height of 48 inches. Double karts must be driven by someone at least 16 years old and 58” tall. The passenger in the double kart must be at least 48” tall.
Do you have hand-controlled karts?
Yes! We have a hand-controlled kart to accommodate those who need it! Inquire about it at the front desk upon check-in.
How long is each race? How many laps do I get?
· All heats are 10 minutes long.
· The number of laps completed in a single heat is completely up to the driver, our fastest drivers can reach up to 10 laps in a heat.
How is the driver's performance measured?
· Our drivers are measured by fastest lap time completed in the heat, not by position.
· Times are displayed digitally around the track after each race, time sheets are emailed the email address on your COTA Karting race account.
What should I wear to kart?
· Closed toed shoes are required. High heels are not permitted.
· No loose clothing (scarves, ponchos, over-sized garments)
· Long hair should be pulled back or tucked into shirt.
Do I need a notarized consent form for my child to participate?
· Drivers & Passengers under the age of 18 must have a signed & notarized COTA Karting Parental Consent Form with them or on file if a Parent or Guardian is not present.
. If a parent or authorized guardian is present, they must be responsible for signing the child's digital waiver at check-in.
Why do I sometimes experience sputtering with my kart in a race?
· All Karts are governed for your safety. When an incident occurs on track (around you or not) staff will govern the speeds of the karts to ensure the incident has been cleared/corrected before karts return to maximum speed and the race can continue.
How can I book a party or event at COTA Karting?
· Call our store front at 512-655-6301 or simply email email@example.com! We love parties and we love speed, let us help you combine the two and make your next event one to remember!
Circuit of The Americas and COTA Karting has introduced enhanced sanitation protocols to promote safe, socially-distant fun in the midst of the current pandemic. These protocols are aligned with city and federal recommendations for cleanliness and safety during this time
In addition to standard cleaning procedures, COTA Karting will:
- Add new signage to staging areas to promote social distancing.
- Shift to a pre-registration only model (guests on-site can register through their phones) that is a 100% cashless operation. Only credit card will be accepted.
- Participants should arrive 30 minutes before their race start time.
- Disinfect the karts after each individual use.
- Disinfect helmets after each use through our new Ride Safe UVGI Helmet Decontamination Unit.
- Limit non-participatory spectators and encourage guests to wear masks prior to boarding
COTA Karting is the perfect spot to unleash your guests in a fun, competitive environment. Private racing is available by the hour and can be booked here.
For groups over 35 drivers, or to add on private event space with food and drink packages, please contact a COTA Representative by clicking here.
Soarin' Eagle Flight
Soar high above the karting track and the main straight of Circuit of The Americas on our zipline! You'll see COTA from a whole new angle as you take flight over the country's premier racing facility. Open during COTA Karting hours.
Purchase tickets for your flight on-site for $12.