Book your group experience today!
COTA Karting Leagues
COTA KARTING LEAGUES
WINTER SEASON REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
GIVE US A CALL AT 512.655.6301 TO BOOK YOUR SPOT WHILE SEATS LAST!
*PAY-BY-NIGHT PAYMENT OPTION AVAILABLE ONLY
Duke it out for on-track supremacy in a Grand Prix style showdown, complete with podium ceremonies and on-going championship standings! When you join the COTA Karting League, you and up to twenty-one other racers will compete weekly over the course of a six-week race season. Each league night includes qualifying, heat, last chance qualifier, and final heat with points distributed based on finishing position.
Competition takes place in our CHAMP class, the crown jewel of COTA Karting with speeds up to 55MPH. Drivers must be at least 16 years old and hold a valid drivers license to participate. Check out the karting classes below.
Winter League FAQ:
- How can I purchase league night? - League will run at $69/night, participants must purchase per night they plan to compete (season not sold in full). Book Online!.
- Will there be weight classes? - No more weight classes, all competitors will run together.
- How will lack of weight class affect scoring? - Scores will be calculated and adjusted accordingly, results will be scaled based on weight to keep the competition fair.
- Why will we have varying track layouts? - To alleviate any home track advantage for our regular league participants.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
WINTER LEAGUE INFORMATION
WINTER LEAGUE SCHEDULE
2020 LEAGUE DATES
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Please arrive fifteen minutes prior to Weigh-In. If you are late your spot may be sold.
- No refunds are issued for missed sessions, underperforming karts, or inclement weather.
- All racers will attend the drivers meeting before hitting the track. Please adhere to any instructions prior to and during your race.
- Close toe shoes, Closed face helmets, and neck braces are required for all racers.
- No bumping in corners (bump drafting is allowable on straights prior to corner entry.)
- No reckless/dangerous/un-sportsman like driving will be tolerated.
- Consumption of alcohol before driving is strictly prohibited.
- Poor behavior or foul language will result in loss of karting privileges.
- Participants must abide by all Flags and Digital flag guidelines.
- All drivers must come to a slow, controlled stop on track if the red flag or red lights are shown.
- No passing under caution (Yellow) or Red conditions.
- No cutting the course (if forced off course you must re-enter track safely with minimal impact to those on track)
- Track limits are the “outside” white line. Four wheels IN the red is allowable but touching the outside white or clipping apex barrier is exceeding track limits. If an advantage is gained, you must slow to give up position or to prevent a fraudulent lap time. Failure to comply will be penalized harshly.
- Track limits not enforced at exit of turn 8 and turn 15.
- Crossing the timing loop is your responsibility.
- Do not exit the kart until instructed to do so, and do not remove safety gear until clear of track or pit lane.
ONLINE BOOKING FOR LEAGUE IS NOW AVAILABLE! SIMPLY SELECT THE LEAGUE DATE YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE. LEAGUE NIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SINGLE NIGHT PURCHASE ONLY.
WELCOME TO THE 2019 WINTER SEASON
A Grand Prix style showdown, complete with podium ceremonies and on-going championship standings! You and up to twenty-one other racers will compete in a six-night race season. Competition takes place in our CHAMP karts. Drivers must be at least 16 years old and hold a valid driver’s license or have set a qualified lap time to participate.
Each league night includes:
- Drivers Meeting
- QUALIFYING - Best lap wins, 10 min session.
- HEAT - Rolling start, 10 lap race for points calculated using finishing position, positions gained/lost, and driver's weight.
- LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER - positions 6+ of the points finishers from HEAT, rolling start, 6 lap shoot-out where top 2 continue to MAIN, positions 3-6 get series points (position change bonus/penalty not applied).
- MAIN - top 5 finishers from HEAT and the top 2 finishers from LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER, 16 lap position race, rolling start, points will be calculated using finishing position, positions gained/lost, and driver's weight.
Here is what’s new this season:
- Out with the weight classes! All participants this season will compete together, up to 12 karts on track at a time, with a maximum of 22 participants.
- Competition results will be scaled according to weight.
- All new scoring system; Scoring Formula = Driver Weight*finish points/average weight of session
- Single round entries purchased for $69.
- Smaller sessions, more competitors
- Knockout style format
- Varying track configurations and/or other unpredictable things!
12/11, 12/18, 1/8 (Reverse grid), 1/15, 1/29 (Track A layout), 2/5, 2/19 (Final)
LEAGUE NIGHT 1/15/20 RESCHEDULED TO 2/19/20
Session Schedule: 12 or less participants
6:45 PM | Drivers Meeting
7:00 PM | QUALIFYING
7:20 PM | HEAT
7:40 PM | MAIN
Session Schedule: 13 or more participants
7:00 PM | QUALIFYING
7:20 PM | QUALIFYING
7:40 PM | HEAT
8:00 PM | HEAT
8:30 PM | LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER
8:40 PM | MAIN
SPRING - MARCH 25
SUMMER - JUNE 24
FALL - SEPTEMBER 30
Alex Herndon - 119.218
Ian Armstrong - 111.426
Richard Spiegel - 108.578.077
Ryan Bayless - 108.348
Peyton Phillips - 85.398
Mikey Bowlin - 70.879
Hunter Olsen-Hodges - 66.012
Ethan Palosh - 33.68
Jay Derkacz - 48.471
Daniel Kinnaird - 45.653
Mitch Maggio - 45.137
Brian Lee - 43.055
Kruin Olsen-Hodges - 42.236
Chris Barnes - 35.237
Shane Adams - 32.313
Robbie Mulderrig - 30.388
David Bernazal - 30.169
Taran Damalcheruvu - 27.343
Brett Reichert - 27.205
J Wallace - 22.062
Jesse Spiegel - 20.439
Jerald Coffman - 19.999
Lee Lukas - 19.513
Michael Judkins - 17.539
Ryan Myre - 16.458
Ryan Hohlt - 14.872
Steve Palosh - 10.942
Cole Splawn - 9.839
Matthew Goldmar - 9.474
William Raeder - 7.826
Ishav Shukla - 7.566
Trevor Vossburg - 7.562
Roberto Moreno - 6.431
Robert Jones - 2.880
Ryan Emmick - 2.161
Vishakh Shukla - 2.124
Rich Mautino - 1.030
Michael Cervantes - 0.920