AEROSMITH LEADS AUSTIN FAN FEST POWERED BY MOBIL 1
Circuit of The Americas today announced a major fan festival in downtown Austin that will celebrate the city’s first FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX set for Nov. 16-18.
Austin Fan Fest Powered by Mobil 1 will showcase a variety of interactive exhibits and games, including displays by a number of Grand Prix racing teams and sponsors, along with live music and food. Additionally, three major concerts in the downtown area will feature some of the music industry’s most popular performers, including rock-and-roll legends Aerosmith.
Race goers can also enjoy glamorous downtown after parties that will give fans the chance to “party like rock stars” while enjoying a variety of live music and entertainment. “Racing enthusiasts from around the world will converge in Austin this fall to celebrate the return of Formula 1 racing to the United States, and we want to throw a Texas-sized party to show our guests what makes our city special,”
The party atmosphere surrounding Austin Fan Fest Powered by Mobil 1 will include three major concerts planned during the evenings of Friday, Nov. 16, and Saturday, Nov. 17. The iconic American rock band Aerosmith will headline a concert at the Frank Erwin Center at the University of Texas at Austin on Nov. 16. Quintessential eighties rockers Cheap Trick will open the show, which begins at 8 p.m. (all times U.S. Central) with doors opening at 7 p.m. Meanwhile, the Austin Convention Center will be transformed into a stylish nightspot, named the “COTA Club” and showcase live performances by chart-topping rapper and hip-hop artist Flo Rida on Nov. 16 and by Latin sensation Enrique Iglesias on Nov. 17. Doors will open at 7 p.m. both nights with shows starting at 8 p.m.
Austin Fan Fest Powered by Mobil 1 is free to the public and will be located in an area bordered by 5th Street, Congress Avenue, 2nd Street and Lavaca Street and will include live music on several stages, including the Bud Light Center Stage and stages presented by Clear Channel Radio and Univision. Information about participating exhibitors and displays will be released in the coming weeks. A list of planned street and parking lot closures related to the festivals can be found at www.austinfanfest.com.
After parties showcase downtown hotspots and popular music acts
Race goers can also check out glamorous downtown after parties planned at ACL Live at The Moody Theater for the evenings of Nov. 16-18, as well as the Circuit of The Americas “Official After Party” at the Bob Bullock Texas state History Museum following the Grand Prix on Sunday, Nov. 18. ACL Live at The Moody Theater will feature live performances from these musicians: Juanes on Nov. 16, Lupe Fiasco on Nov. 17, and The Wallflowers on Nov. 18. Doors at ACL Live at The Moody Theater open at 7:30 p.m., and all shows start at 9 p.m.
The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum will be host to a celebration as big as the Lone Star State on Sunday, Nov. 18, at 8 p.m. when Ghostland Observatory and, Fitz & The Tantrums headline the night’s festivities with support from The Wailers, DJ Jillian Ann and Tje Austin.
Festival dates and times Dates and hours of operation for Austin Fan Fest Powered by Mobil 1 and the downtown concerts and after parties are as follows (all times Central):
Austin Fan Fest Powered by Mobil 1
• Nov. 16: 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Nov. 17: 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.
• Nov. 18: 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Note: A list of free, live musical performances scheduled for the stages within the Austin Fan Fest Powered by Mobil 1 footprint will be released next month and posted online at www.austinfanfest.com .
• Aerosmith and Cheap Trick tickets (Nov. 16 at Frank Erwin Center in Austin) go on sale Monday, Sept. 24 at 10 a.m. CT, at www.Texasboxoffice.com and range in price from $65 to $199 for the general public.
• Flo Rida (Nov. 16 at Austin International Convention Center) and Enrique Iglesias (Nov. 17 at Austin International Convention Center) tickets go on sale Friday, Sept. 28, at 10 a.m. CT at www.ticketmaster.com and range in price from $55 to $69.
• Circuit of The Americas “Official After Party” tickets at the Bob Bullock State History Museum go on sale Friday, Sept. 28, at 10 a.m. CT at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Tickets for the Nov. 16, 17 and 18 after parties at ACL Live at The Moody Theater, featuring Juanes on Nov. 16, Lupe Fiasco on Nov. 17, and The Wallflowers on Nov. 18, will also be available for purchase on Sept. 28 at 10 a.m. CT at www.acl-live.com.